• Pages

    To Never, Never Land


    Never have I ever enjoyed a game of Putt Putt until I realized it could be BYOB. Peter Pan Putt Putt is a little putt putt range located at the corner of Lamar and Barton Springs Rd. It's not only full of Austin charm, but also an Austin classic. From its small-city swagger to its keep-it-weird attitude, almost anything goes. Last Friday night the boy and I decided to spontaneously pop in for a round and this is what we found. 



    There are tons of people who play putt putt on Friday nights. From parties to groups, everyone is having a good time and by good time I sincerely mean that the range looked more like a bar then a serious game of putt-putt. Occasionally there would be couples, like us, playing a game, but in general it was a free for all. Everyone was courteous and nice when you wanted to play a hole they were drinking on and happy to move to the side. 




     There were also some wonderful Austinites literally dressed-up in their golfing gear, gloves, shoulder cooler, knee-high socks and all.


     The bf taking a swing on the 7th hole.
    peter pan, putt putt, things to do, austin, texas

    After we played a full round and made some friends along the way, we headed to 6th street to have one of the best meals I've ever had in my entire life. If you're vegetarian I am sorry for my description. If you are vegan I am even sorrier.

     Outside The Parish and Bikini's on 6th is the smallest little food trailer that probably holds the worlds greatest hamburger/sandwich ever created and it's called "The Steve". Made to order, this guy makes a cheeseburger topped with brisket and BBQ sauce. We topped that off with a Shiner from one of the bars and I inhaled all that was good in the world.

    Reason there are no pictures? It was really the last thought that crossed my mind.

    Capped off the perfect date night by catching a band with our friends, Hallie and Tomas at the Beale Street Tavern.


    play always&live accordingly,

    am

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment