• Pages

    all-you-can-do notebook


    Sometimes a normal notebook just doesn't cut it. Sometimes you just need a slot for magazine cut-outs, photos, ticket stubs, or even little notes. Besides keeping a collection or random items, I also love to jot down lists from what to pack or what I need to do that day. Since there is no such journal in existence, I drummed up a way to make one. 

    I found an old book on Austin, Texas and used it as my base.

    DIY, notebook, scrapbook,

    Gutting the body of the work out with an X-ACTO knife, I was able to save the cover. In order to add a special touch, I found some thick card stock paper I thought would go well with the cover. Using three sheets of card stock I covered the back of the old book and spine. 




    After that, I went to work on putting in all the essentials. I found a few knick-knacks around the house such as a plastic folder that I cut apart, an old binder sleeve to hold note cards and some binder rings for attaching. The last attachment I superglued in was a leather bound notepad for the lists I mentioned. 



    Here is the finished product. There isn't a tutorial or a guide, but I think that makes the project a little bit more custom fit. I could see someone having multiple notepads glued in for organizing their lists or general thoughts throughout the day or even physically gluing in a photo album. Just make sure that the spine of the book is wide enough to hold your contents and you are go to go. 

    future ideas, 
    a fun closure
    pocket for your ipod or iphone
    coupon pocket
    and anything else you could possibly need

    craft well&live accordingly,

    am

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment