• Pages

    What's Up Doc's



    All I wanted for Game 1 of the NBA Finals was a rowdy crowd. For someone who enjoys watching a game with a good beer special, Doc's Motorworks on South Congress did the trick. Texas Tuesdays offers up $2.50 Dos Equis Pints, $9 Dos Equis Pitchers and $5 Pan Nachos. I guess Drew and I got carried away by the pitcher price and the nachos that we ended up ordering a pretty heft tab. What makes a game more interesting? Wagering which team will win with the stakes of paying for dinner. I took on the Texas favored OKC and he dug his grave with Lebron and Miami. I am not a huge sports fanatic, but I will say betting dinner made the entire experience exhilarating. 


    The early crowd posting up for the game on both the Patio, front deck and open restaurant. 

    Just one of many HD or plasma TV's lining the walls of Doc's.

    The sweetest sampler you will ever eat. Cheeseburgers Sliders on a sweet bun from the appetizer menu.

    A set table with a pitcher, sliders, nachos, a hamburger, and brownies. This is how we ended up with the bet. 

    Julie cheers-ing to OKC taking the lead in the 3rd quarter.

    Drew still holding out for the Miami Heat. Thankfully, the odds were not in his favor.

    The free shuffle board that the audience played during commercial breaks.

    Drew's concerned face as the end nears. A pretty great night in my opinion.

    Even though I did win the bet, I still threw in my GoLocal Card for an extra 10% off the meal. I've only used the card twice and have already saved $7 or around 1/2 the cost of purchasing one.


    play well&live accordingly,

    am

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment